5 septembre 2021

Hex Flower Engine & Text-mapper to generate hex map

I'm a bit of a geek and i love procedural generation. I'm using Hex-describe and Text-mapper for my hex crawl games.

Recently I discovered the series of Hex Flower Game Engine by u/goblinsh and more precisely In the Heart of the Unknown procedural hex crawling engine . I think it's a brillant way of generating a hex crawl adventure on the fly. Nevertheless I wanted to try the terrain engine to pre-generate hex maps. I created a web based tool to join forces from the Hex Flower Engine and Text-mapper. 

So here is the API 


You can of course change the map size. The map is filled with a spiral pattern starting from the top left corner. I think it gives more 'natural' results than a column/raw approach.



2 commentaires: